Business Wire IndiaWipro Limited (NYSE: WIT, BSE: 507685, NSE: WIPRO), a leading global information technology, consulting and business process services company, today announced the appointment of Pierre Bruno as Chief Executive Officer, Europe.
In this role, Bruno will lead Wipro’s business in six distinct regions across Europe. This appointment, a bold indication of the company’s continued investment and focus on the European market, builds on Wipro’s momentum across the region in recent years.
“Pierre brings 25 years of experience in the IT Infrastructure consulting and Services sector. He has managed businesses in both hyper-growth environments and in engineering transformation. With his experience of leading large teams, Pierre is well-positioned to drive Wipro’s growth journey in Europe” said Thierry Delaporte, CEO & Managing Director, Wipro Limited.
“I am excited about the opportunity to lead Wipro’s operations in the European market which offers tremendous potential for growth. I look forward to furthering our commitment to European customers as they navigate their business transformation and continue to evolve and shift in a digital world,” said Pierre Bruno, Chief Executive Officer, Europe.
Bruno joins Wipro from DXC Technology where he was Vice President and Managing Director of Southern Europe, responsible for all lines of business, including consulting, integration, apps, cloud and cyber security. Bruno also worked with Dell for 14 years in several roles across Asia Pacific, Japan, and EMEA. He played a key role in Dell’s transformation from selling hardware to becoming a major player in providing infrastructure solutions.
Bruno holds a Master’s in Business Administration (MBA), with majors in Marketing and Econometrics from HEC Graduate School in Paris. He also has a Master’s degree in Bio Engineering.
Wipro’s Commitment to Europe
Wipro’s European presence extends to six regions, comprising UK & Ireland, Germany, Switzerland, Nordics, Benelux and Southern Europe, as well as three near-shore delivery locations and includes an array of marquee clients across industries, many of whom the company is helping to transform at scale.
Some of the recent deal wins in Europe include
- A significant strategic digital and IT partnership deal with METRO AG, a leading global wholesale company.
- An engagement with Finland-based clean energy producer Fortum to help upgrade its application management system, services integration and management.
- A multi-year global agreement for automotive engineering services with Italian automotive giant Marelli.
- In Germany, working with Telefónica Germany / O2 and its wider ecosystem to transform its Business Support Systems and associated Quality Assurance to enable superior customer experience and growth in the B2B market segment.
- A strategic, multi-year infrastructure modernization and digital transformation services engagement by Germany-based energy company E.ON.